Staying in shape can be challenging, but it is something that everybody should do to maintain their health. However, you don’t have to join a gym or run five kilometers per day. Regular walks can be more than enough to boost your health and keep you fit. There are numerous health benefits that you can enjoy by walking regularly.
Apart from improving your mental and cardiovascular health and aiding in weight loss, walking every day can be a perfect way to get some fresh for your lungs, and it can also be a way to get some much-needed vitamin D from sunlight. Even just getting out of your house and moving around is enough to improve your mood and well-being.
Here are eight benefits of walking that you might experience if you walk even just half an hour per day:
1. It improves your mental health: One of the primary benefits of walking is that it boosts your mood. According to the Mayo Clinic, walking helps improve symptoms of anxiety and depression
2. It aids effectively in weight loss: According to researchers at Harvard Medical School, walking can lower the effects of 32 obesity-promoting genes in our body.
3. It reduces the risk of certain cancers: Two studies from the American Society for Clinical Oncology have shown that walking three hours per week can lower the risk of dying from bowel or breast cancer by half.
4. It boosts your immune system: Walking at least half an hour per day was shown to raise the level of white cells in the human body’s immune system in a study conducted at Appalachian State University in North Carolina.
5. Can be useful in preventing diabetes: According to the American Diabetes Association, aerobic exercise can help our body use insulin better. That includes a brisk daily walk after meals.
6. It lowers cravings for sweets and our need for “stress eating” and comfort food: Studies from the University of Exeter discovered that walking for only 15 minutes can curb cravings for sugary foods. It also reduces cravings during stressful situations.
7. It benefits cardiovascular health highly: A study from Harvard Medical School discovered that walking roughly 20 minutes daily can lower the risk of heart disease by 30%.
8. It helps with mobility into advanced age: A study by the American Medical Association found that walking promoted better physical health in people aged from 70 to 89. Those who exercised regularly in their younger years dramatically reduced the chances of having any physical disability. via: thinkinghumanity
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!