The outgoing introvert – it seems pretty pretty contradictory, right? People are like onions though, we have layers about us. So sometimes labels aren’t able to effectively portray who we are. An extrovert can be shy and an introvert can be outgoing too. We’re all a little bit unique. So here’s what you have to know before you start dating the outgoing introvert.
1. We might be kinda grumpy and not want to talk after a long day.
2. We’re nice and we can be the life of the party, but…
We still live in our heads, and when that party is over, we aren’t throwing another one for a while. Nothing personal.
3. We really really like the people who we like. Once we like you. If that happens.
We’re not going to waste our time with people we don’t like. If we seem to like you, it means we really like you!
4. We’re a little weird with our phones.
Sometimes you’re just not going to hear from us right away. We tend to screen our calls and prefer things over text. And even then, be patient in getting a return text.
5. But we’ll listen to you endlessly in person.
Not being responsive with our phones is one thing. If you’re in our lives, looking us in the face and talking to us, we’re great listeners. We really are!
6. We’re a little bit cautious at first.
We take a little bit of time to warm up to new people, places and ideas. It might take a minute, but if it’s meant to be, we’ll be with you.
7. Our surroundings determine our energy levels.
If the crowd we’re in is fun and energetic to us, we’ll be the same. If it sucks and we don’t like it, we tend to withdraw into ourselves. Or sometimes just leave.
8. The standard first date kinda stinks to us.
It’s probably because we hate small talk. Sitting around a table talking about whatever first date talk is is dull to us. We can’t deal with us. That “get to know you” stuff will happen after we let you into our lives. In the meantime, maybe we should go on a hike, go rock climbing, or something like that. Sound good?
9. You think we’re a big ol’ flirt but we’re not.
We like to interact with people, and when we interact with people, it probably means we really like them. So we can come off as a little bit flirty with them. But don’t worry, that isn’t the case.
10. Don’t try to bullshit us.
We can see through it. We’ve got great bullshit detectors. Be yourself and leave the bluster at home.
Source: Higher Perspective